Mayor Cason’s Promises–How Is He Doing?
July 6, 2011 Leave a comment
I would say that Mayor has a way to go in meeting his promises on transparency, controlling pension benefits, controlling millage rates, city efficiencies, having open management, and making suggestions (hopefully not in secret).
We will see if this government is more than cutting ribbons and letters to new residents.
MY 10 PROMISES TO YOU
- I will be a full time Mayor.
- I will work in the best interests of the citizens of Coral Gables and be respectful of their concerns.
- I will support transparency of City Hall’s government.
- I will control pension liabilities moving forward in order to reduce Unfunded Actuarial Accrued Liabilities. (UAAL)
- I will avoid conflicts of interests and favoritism.
- I will fight to keep millage rates low.
- I will seek greater efficiencies in City management and not tolerate waste, fraud, mismanagement and improper employee conduct.
- I will question all aspects of current operations and suggest alternatives.
- I will make sure that management keeps the commission well informed on: new or change in ordinances, issues and contracts that will be presented before the commission and offer ample time for discussion before voting is implemented.
- I will be an active Ambassador for our City and foster an open and collegial environment for current residents, business owners and visitors.(Quoted from Mayor Cason’s campaign literature and website.)