Find Something Positive for Coral Gables
October 29, 2010 Leave a comment
Our economy continues to grow very slowly, there is no sign of resurging real estate, unemployment remains high and there is no inflation.
Conclusion for the city of Coral Gables:
- We are years away from better property values
- Freeze taxes (at least)
- Don’t raise employees salaries when there is not inflation
- Get hold of the budget
- Cut staff
- Cut pensions to the bone (better us the Florida state pension system
- Reduce the number of “jefes”
- Commissioners–check on the budget, not the leaf blowers
- Etc., etc.
The U.S. economy expanded at a 2 percent annual rate in the third quarter and inflation cooled, underscoring the views of Federal Reserve policy makers who say more stimulus will be needed to spur growth.