Views of a New World Politician (May not Apply in Coral Gables)
September 26, 2010 1 Comment
- Wants to here citizen feedback, even if it is unpleasant to hear;
- Creates the conditions for a regular, open government approach to communication with citizens;
- Subjects senior management to constant questioning about their plans for the future and communicates this to citizens;
- Senior managers make known their plans to all of the community on a regular basis.
- Like the good university professor, leaders set up hours during the week when citizens can raise specific questions about city government.
- Is enormously tolerant and patient with critics of government and does not regularly denigrate critics with accusations of incivility and similar terms.
- Does not hide from the citizens.
- Does not communicate just with a small, closed circle of political contributors.