Coral Gables’ Police Salaries and Benefits: Did You Pick the Wrong Profession?
September 3, 2010 Leave a comment
One can calculate average salaries and benefits in the 2010-2011 Estimated Budget for Coral Gables for the police department and you get the following amazing salaries and benefits. This clearly evidences that it is time to cut salaries and benefits substantially.
- (1) police chief $152,917 plus about $99,396 = $252,313 (note: I have estimated benefit costs as 65% of salaries, but they could be a little more or less for any given position.)
- (1) assistant police chief $84,220 plus $54,743 benefits = $138,963
- (3) police sergeants $90,772 average plus $59,002 benefits =$149,774
- (2) police lieutenants $110,473 average plus $71,808 benefits = $182,280
- (97) police patrol $78,449 average plus $51,858 benefits =$130,307
These are just averages. They do not show very high salaries and benefits for certain individuals. We trust that Mr. Salerno has set the negotiating conditions for lower salaries and benefits.